Hi friends this post will help you to generate wallet addresses for cryptocurrencies.
I have been going through internet and I found this great web project where you can generate wallet addresses for almost 200 cryptocurrencies.
Here you just need
- Compatible Web Browser. (I tried Chrome)
- Virus free Operating system. (Run multiple virus scans before generating wallet addresses) (If you are a lil technical go with Ubuntu live CD otherwise it’s OK)
Before the steps I would like to tell you about “Paper Wallet” because this web project generate Paper wallets.
Cryptocurrencies can be stored
- Online (several websites available)
- Offline PC wallet (every cryptocurrency has its own PC wallet)
- Phones and tablets app wallet (only a few are providing)
- Dedicated storage device. (Lot of devices are available that can store cryptocurrencies but are costly )
- Paper wallet. (Cold Wallet)
Paper wallet are just same as other wallets that stores your cryptocurrencies. It stores your cryptocurrencies on a piece of paper.
Paper wallet has two type of addresses-
- Public address. (Share to receive Cryptocurrencies)
- Private address or Key (keep it safe as using this key, you can load your coins to a wallet from where you can spend.)
I hope, now you have an idea of paper wallet. So just follow the below mentioned steps to generate wallet addresses for you.
- Visit : WalletGenerator.net
- Download the project from the given link “Github”. This step is optional. If want extra security to generate your coin address, you can download the project for offline use and generate address without having internet connection. (Recommended)
- Once you open the website it will generate random number for you to generate random wallet addresses. You can add extra security by moving mouse here and there on screen or you can enter random number in given box. Once the green bar will fill it will generate a wallet address for you.
- Select “Paper Wallet” tab (2nd tab).
- Choose your Currency from top right side. Suggestion- double check the currency name as some currency names may seem similar.
- Click “Randomly Generate” to generate wallet address. Tip: For extra security Encrypt the private key by Check Mark the “BIP38 Encrypt” and provide any pass key. This pass key will be required at the time of loading the private key to a hot wallet. In this way if someone will get your private key will require the pass code to load the wallet (If you forgot key you lose your coin so write is somewhere safe. So that can use it to load coins to active Wallet). RECOMMENDED
- Print the Paper wallet and keep the “Private Key” part safe (you can save it as pdf but it’s not that safe). Public address is the address where you can receive your coins that you can share with others. You can check the balance of your coins from the block chain anytime.
I hope this post helpful. If you need any help in generating wallet addresses just comment below or send me an email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
And I will try to respond as soon as possible.